It’s finally December! That means that it is definitely acceptable to start putting up your holiday decor 🙂 I don’t know about you, but I start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving. My family already picked out our tree and it is beautiful this year!
But for now, I’m back at school writing papers and studying for finals (not fun). Even though my apartment isn’t huge, I still love adding cute holiday touches around the house. My color scheme this year is white, red, and sparkly gold!
Whether you live in a tiny apartment, dorm room, or at home with your parents, here are some quick and easy accents you can add to your small space to spice it up for the holidays!
1. Candy dishes – Even though I have glass jars with mints or little treats in them on my coffee table year-round, I put out festive candy for the holidays. I love the red + green m&ms and peppermint bark!
2. Holiday scented candles – I love having candles at any time of the year, but during the holidays I burn scents like vanilla cookie and evergreen to make my house smell so yummy. It also helps when the candles are adorable.
3. A wreath or mini tree – My mom and I made a DIY wreath by using different ribbon a few years ago and I still hang it on the door to my apartment. Even if you have a dorm room, you can still hang up a festive wreath on your door or put up a tiny accent christmas tree (they just don’t have to be real pine).
4. Spirited signs – I think I accumulate at least 5 new signs every holiday season… Home Goods and Target just always have the best inexpensive signs that are hard to pass up! You can set these on your coffee table, bookshelves, or desk for a pop of holiday inspiration.
5. Christmas lights- While these are cliche, I’ve found that hanging Christmas lights in any room helps to transform it into a winter wonderland. Christmas lights are great to turn on while you watch a movie or have wine night with the gals.
What are your favorite holiday decorations to use?
37 thoughts on “How to Decorate a Small Space for the Holidays”
These are some great ideas! I should use this to decorate my small room especially for the upcoming holiday! Thanks for sharing babe!
I love these ideas! Especially the lights in the small vase!
Sarah | sarahtahami.com
Thank you so much!! You should.. it makes me so happy 🙂
Thank you, Sarah! Xx
This is perfect because I have such a tiny space in my apartment! I bought Christmas lights this year.
Thanks! I'm sure those will look great!
These are amazing! I actually have the exact same mirror base gold tray (from Homegoods) and the same cookie jars 🙂 Same pinch! <3
Such great ideas! I always loved hanging up lights in my small spaces!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Omg love it! They're my favorites 🙂
Thanks, Nicole! Me too! Xx
these are great ideas! the candy dishes are my favorite
these are such cute ideas! I love the "it's beginning to look a lot like cocktails!" so cute. definitely some great tips! xoxo Stefanie / http://www.accordingtoblaire.com
That "It's beginning to look a lot like cocktails" sign is the greatest! Such awesome tips!
xoxo Bryanna | Coming in Clutch
Couldn't agree more about the Christmas lights!! They make every room so festive & cheery — I have some hanging up in my office!
Thank you! Oh my gosh.. I know- it's too cute!!
hehe thank you! 🙂
Glad you agree, Kathryn! That's so smart adding them to your office!
I love these ideas! Always looking for simple decor for my room because while I totally deck out my house, I love to have a festive space, too! The candy dishes are too cute. I love the idea of a cute decoration that you can also enjoy, haha 🙂
xx, Danielle | Pineapple & Prosecco
These tips are so helpful for my small city apartment! Love the ideas.
xO – Steph
Oh I love putting lights in clear jars! I also love frosted evergreen decor for the holidays!
I love your ideas! I like to put out candles and pine cones! 🙂
I really like your decor round-up! I just started adding Christmas/ fairy lights to my home – they bring such warmth with them 🙂 Perfect for the winter season!
I love the color scheme! Reminds me of Ulta's this year.
These are great ideas! So cute. My favorite is the it's beginning to look a lot like cocktails sign. I need that!
These are great ideas! thank you so much for the inspiration! Love them!
have a great weekend!
This little space is so cute! I love the gold
Thanks, Danielle! Oh me too 🙂
Thanks, Steph! I was thinking of my future NYC apartment while writing this LOL
Oh me too!!
Thank you 🙂 That sounds so pretty !
Thanks, Stephanie!! I bet it's so pretty 🙂
Thank you! Omg I KNOW !
Thanks, Erica! You too! Xx
Thank you 🙂