Snack time has been in full force over here. Working from home all the time with my kitchen so close can be dangerous. But, I’ve been trying to replace some of my unhealthy choices with healthier options. I have SUCH a sweet tooth, so I’ve been trying to find alternatives that still taste yummy.
It’s tempting to order a bagel every morning, but I found a few breakfast or AM snack options that are great.
- GoMacro Bars– GoMacro makes the best bars that I swear by! Everything is 100% plant-based, coming from organic and non-GMO certified growers who follow sustainable farming practices. All of our products provide a nutritional benefit without any additives or preservatives. A few of my favorite flavors are Everlasting Joy and Heartwarming Retreat.
- Greek Yogurt + Berries/Granola– Can’t go wrong with this combo. I usually get mine at Trader Joe’s and love their vanilla almond granola cereal for a topping.
- Rice Cake with PB+J– Love a good rice cake moment. If I’m feeling sweet I’ll do peanut or almond butter and jelly (or crushed raspberries). Or, if I want a more savory option I’ll go with avocado and Everything But the Bagel seasoning.
Protein Packed Snacks
I found that my body definitely needs more protein to keep it fueled, so I’ve been focusing on adding it to my diet to keep myself full for longer. Here are a few easy ways I get protein in.
- Perfect Bars– Just the best! They are so yummy and filled with 20+ superfoods and 12+ grams of protein. I highly recommend the Dark Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter and keep it refrigerated for a refreshing treat 🙂 They also have Peanut Butter cups that are SO so good for a treat.
- Turkey and Cheese Roll Ups– AKA “Naked Turkey” what I like to call it. Just make a sandwich without the bread. I add cheddar, tomato slices, and deli mustard to mine and don’t even miss the extra carbs.
- Hummus + Veggies- Easy, but tasty and effective. Sometimes I’ll make a little greek chopped salad with tomato, cucumber, and feta and then add hummus on top.
Sweet Tooth Snacks
I could have ice cream or chocolate for every meal lol. But, these are yummy treats that are better for you than that pint of Ben + Jerry’s.
- Yasso– Guys, if you haven’t tried Yasso yet, you’re missing out! These frozen greek yogurt bars are super tasty and only 100 calories. Tim and I go through at least one box a week… oops
- Berries with Chocolate Chips- Raspberries or strawberries with chocolate chips is an easy way to satisfy your sweet craving, while getting a serving of fruit in.
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas– I get these at Trader Joe’s and can definitely eat a whole box in a sitting..
What are some of your favorite snacks?