Hudson Valley in the fall is so picturesque. Peak Fall foliage is anywhere from the first week of October through the first week of November, and we went at the perfect time. A few of my best friends from college got together (safely) for an upstate, NY weekend.
We stayed in Saugerties, which is between both Kingston and Woodstock, NY. It was a great location to get to everything we wanted to do! We rented an adorable cabin on VRBO, and there are a ton of house rentals in the area. Filled with wine, food, hikes and even a bonfire, check out the guide below for everything you need for a trip to Hudson Valley.
What to Do:
Hudson Valley has so many outdoor activities and cute towns to visit. You won’t lack things to do on your trip.
- Ashokan Rail Trail- we hiked about 3 miles of this and it was beautiful
- Clermont Vineyards- wine tasting with a view
- Greig Farm- perfect for apple and pumpkin picking
- Kingston- explore the town and check out the shops
- Opus 40- outdoor sculpture garden and grounds
- Saugerties- adorable tiny town right near our cabin
- Tousey Winery- the cutest family-owned winery with tasty wines
- Woodstock- walk around the town and stop in the cute stores
Where to Eat:
As per usual, I always eat my way through a town. They have a ton of restaurants to check out and I love finding local favorites.
- Alleyway Ice Cream
- Bluestone Coffee Roasters
- Bread Alone
- Brunette Wine Bar
- Clermont Cafe (at Tousey Winery)
- Dutch Ale House
- Garden Cafe Woodstock
- Miss Lucy’s Kitchen
- The Mud Club
- Olsen + Company
- Outdated: Antique Cafe
- Peace, Love, and Cupcakes
- Sissy’s Cafe
- Tinker Taco Lab
- Village Coffee and Goods
Where to Stay:
We rented a cute cabin on VRBO and there are a ton of AirBnB options, too. But here are some of our favorite small hotels in different areas around Hudson Valley.
- Buttermilk Farms Inn + Spa
- Glenmare Mansion
- Homestead Inn
- Hotel Dylan
- Mohonk Mountain House
- The Mountain Brook
- The Overlook Lodge
- Rhinecliff Hotel
- The Roundhouse
- Sribner’s Catskill Lodge
- The Three Village Inn
- The Wick Hudson
Have you been to Hudson Valley, NY or the Catskills before? I’d love to hear your favorites! Save this post for your next trip and let me know if you check out any of these spots.