Happy official start of Summer (and frosé season). YAY! I cannot believe that Summer ’17 is starting. TBH I’m somewhat sad I don’t get much of a break… but #adulting.
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite drinks for the season, because what could be more appropriate than frosé? If you are new to the whole frosé trend, it is essentially frozen rosé, but usually has some other ingredients in it. Chilled rosé is just my favorite on a hot summer afternoon– as I’ve shown here and here, so this drink is always poolside at my house.
Instead of sticking to the regular chilled glass, I decided to switch it up and make a yummy and refreshing frozen drink. If you follow along with me on Instagram, then you probably saw my step-by-step tutorial for this tasty drink a few weeks ago! I figured I would recap it on here so all of the steps are in one place for you.
The Ultimate Frosé Recipe: via Bon Appetit
- 1 bottle of your favorite rosé
- 8 oz. of fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 1/2 ounces of lemon juice
- 1 cup of ice
- Pour entire bottle of rosé into a container and freeze for 6 hours
- Cut strawberries into quarters
- Pour your sugar and water into a saucepan over medium heat, stir until sugar dissolves
- Add in the strawberries, cover, remove from heat, and let set for 30 minutes
- Strain the strawberry mixture, add in lemon juice, and place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Add all ingredients (including frozen rosé) into a blender along with 1 cup of ice
- Blend until all ingredients are incorporated
- Freeze until it reaches a milkshake consistency
- Blend again
- Sip and enjoy!!
Are there any cocktail recipes that you are loving for summer? Let me know- I’d love to try and make them 🙂